Thursday, June 24, 2010

What a hard night!

So last night Riley went to bed at 9 and I actually fell asleep before 11. However my little success was to not last as riley woke up at 11:15 with a pretty bad fever.
I tried for 1/2 an hour just to get him back to sleep with no luck so then we decided to try a bath which he always loves. I also fed him a bowl of cereal in the tub. Then we tried again to go back to sleep, another 1/2 hr waiting and a very frustrated mom later and i gave up on trying to get him to sleep.

So we set up pillows and blankets up on the couch and I napped a bit while riley watched curious george. At about 1:15 Riley seemed ready to sleep again so I had him shut off the tv and x-box and we went to his room, he tossed and turned, cuddled me a little bit then tossed and turned some more. finally at 2 I relented and brought him into my room and let him sleep with me.

My alarm went off at 5:45 because of my sheduled CT scan today. Marilyn had forgotten to bring my brother over so I relented and took Lydia up on her offer to watch Riley for me.

I have a really hard time asking for help and letting people help me. Something Lydia said this morning really struck me though. She said "you are giving us the opprutunity to do service." I had never thought that by my inability to accept help I was taking away blessings from others who wanted to serve.

My CT scan went quickly. Only took about 3 min total. I wont find outthe results for like a week though. Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you can get some rest today Kristi. I understand not getting any sleep
    (( HUGS ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next night Riley slept for 12 hours and I slep for about 9 so it was good!

    ReplyDelete