As my son grows up and I spend more and more time with him, I have found myself wondering at my ability to love him. It seems that everyday I start to love him more. I never thought it possible to love someone this much, and I wonder how much more I can love him.
So I wonder, Is our ability to love hindered by our own actions and feelings or is it because of what people do and say to us?
My son has never done anything harmful or negative to me, other than an occasional temper tantrum of course. Maybe it's because he's apart of me that I can love so openly and unconditionally.
I have loved many people, friends, family, and boys. And even those who have hurt me, still have a special place in my heart that gets some reflection and sorrow when I think of what has been lost.
I dont think love ever stops or is gone completely, I think it can be a little like faith, If we dont use it and give it then it simply fades into the background of all the noise and bustling of life.
Like this post! I think our ability of love is inherent. We will always have it. But, sometimes people have the ability to damage us by their choices, choices that we can't control. I think trust, a big part of love, is something that can be disabled. And then our ability to love is changed, slightly, but never gone altogether. And, I've found, when someone you trust betrays you, that mistrust can spill over into different relationships that have nothing to do with the betrayal, if you let it. Anyways, good post, Kristi - very thought provoking.
ReplyDeleteThese are the things I wonder as I sti next to riley and watch him eat a bowl of soup, or SUPE, as riley calls it. And you're right! mistrust hinders our ability to love. and I think to be loved.
ReplyDelete