Monday, June 21, 2010

The Week has only started!

So richard has been gone for two whole days now and boy is my son not liking it! He's been having fits, and i dunno it could just be me but he seems more annoying lately. But that could be attributed to the lack of sleep I've been getting the last couple nights.

The last two nights Riley has woken up around 12am and continues to have fits every 20 min or so until 1:30, which is so great when I cant fall asleep until 12 because I'm missing richard. Then of course he wakes up at 6 and climbs in bed with me to a) fall back asleep if I'm lucky, or b) jump on me to wake me up. He's only done A) once in his entire life and that of course had to be Sunday when my ward clerk called at 7:30 to see if i could meet with the bishop before church.

Which brings me to my next bit of news. I've been called to 2nd counsellor in the Relief Society. A very different step for me to be taking. I'm both excited and very very nervous. I'm very glad i have a husband who I know will support me in everything I do so that when the Bishop asked me sunday if I thought he would I could answer with a very assured yes. I was able to finally call Richard after Sunday school and he seemed very proud of me!

There has been a break down in the corporate system of Best Buy because for the 2nd time on these trips the Perdium checks have not been ready until about day 3 into the trip. So not only do they give 5-3 days notice of you leaving but they didnt have the rental car properly paid for and they flew most of the guys in on Saturday and didnt have their rooms booked until sunday. Luckily the hotel gave them rooms at no charge for that night and the rental car people knew who to call so someone didnt have to put $400 on a credit card. Someone needs to be better prepared for this!!!

Anyway's, Richard loved geting his presents. Luckily I sent the cookies so he had something to snack on and luckily he has good friends and family who are willing to help us out in a pinch.

Riley and I spent father's day with my dad! it was nice! Had dinner, tried out my dads new GPS system he got, he's like me too, likes to annoy it by taking wrong turns lol! and we did some mild hiking! Riley had fun with his aunts and uncles.

IN the mean time, I'm doing lots of cleaning, entertaining Riley, laundry, and trying to catch a nap when riley is distracted long enough. Its nice to have sun again.

No comments:

Post a Comment